Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Realistic Self-Portrait



                                           

One piece of feedback I was given was to cover the iris with the eye lip a little more. I did this by lowering the top eye lid a little more and added more shadowing so the iris would be covers more. Another piece of feedback I was also given was to have more of a shape on the jaw line. I noticed that my self portrait jaw line was pretty much straight but when I looked at my actual jaw line, it was not straight; there were more curves. To fix this, I added more curves to my jaw line and also to my chin line. One thing I learned in this project was that drawing eyes can be very difficult. In past experiences, I was able to draw a quick eye and be done with it in a couple second, but, I realized that drawing my actual eye was a lot more difficult. I had to get the right shape and everything. I also learned that in these types of projects, you have to take your time. At first, I was sort of rushing through it but I started noticing that if I rush through it, it wouldn’t come out great. I decided to slow myself down and start taking time with each facial feature I was working on. Lastly, I learned that the proportions of things can also be hard to get correct. In the beginning of this project, I had my eyes too small, my head too small, my nose to big and a lot more. After looking at myself closer and closer, I was able to correct the proportion and make it look more exact.


No comments:

Post a Comment