Monday, March 24, 2014

Still-life Studies









Purpose:
• To use strong compositional skills to depict a fruit or vegetable,
• To use knowledge of color and a variety of brush strokes to paint a still-life

As I begin my final draft still-life, I would like to remember that while painting, I should be looking at the object to get the same features. I also want to remember to look at the details a little closer and take my time with the painting. I know with the palette knife painting, I began to get a little frustrated and started to rush myself a little. I was able to slow myself down, though, after I looked at what things I needed to fix. I think the paint brush worked better for me. It was easier to control and get the look I was going for. Whereas the palette knife was harder to keep control of. I think for my final draft, I want to use a peach color as the background and a pair. I thought that those two put together complemented each other very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment