Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Post-Impressionism

Purpose:
• To gain a basic understanding about the Post-Impressionism Art Movement and to identify Artists who work(ed) in this style.

The Post-Impressionism movement was not a typical movement. It was pretty much independent artists that who rebelled against the typical Imperialism art at the end of the 19th century. The post-impressionism art was more spiritual, symbolic and emotional. Vincent Van Gouh, Paul Gauruin and Georges Seurat are three main people who helped with this movement. They all pushed for post-impressionism and eventually were able to do it.  


After doing this assignment, I had learned a lot of new things. First, when I was researching Post-Impressionism, I didn’t know that artists were rebelling against the current art. I thought it was fascinating that they were able to do this and create their own work that related to them better. I also learned that in each painting or piece of artwork, there’s a meaning to it. Looking through all of the artwork and reading the article, I was able to understand the artwork’s meaning more clearly.


Original Painting

Artist: Paul Signac
Title: Evening Calm
Date: 1891


My Copy Drawing

No comments:

Post a Comment