Thursday, March 13, 2014

Realism, Drawing, Inspired Sketchbook

 


Purpose: 

• To gain a basic understanding about the Realism Art Movement and to identify Artists who work in this style.

Original Painting


My Copy Drawing

This artists work is similar to to John Christen by the realisticness and detail of the characters in the picture. I noticed a lot of differences, though. In the picture below, the girl has other objects in the image with her that she’s using. She is also not making direct eye connect with the artist of what’s behind the artist.

I learned a lot while doing this piece of art work. I learned that oil pastels are very hard to control and when you want to have details, it can be difficult to get those in. I also noticed that everything smudges. No matter how hard I tried, everything smudged which would become frustrating. I also learned that it can be difficult to blend colors, too. I had a lot of issues getting the right coloring and same looks as that picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment