Friday, June 13, 2014

Final Watercolor Landscape

Purpose:
To use and demonstrate what you learned from the watercolor exercise you did in class to create your own landscape painting.



The techniques I used for my final watercolor landscape was tissue paper for the water, salt on the water, latex for the sign, and watercolor pencils for the bushes. I thought everything worked very well except for the salt. It did not show up very well at all. I also thought that the tissue paper was too bright of a color compared to the rest of my painting. I tried fixing the brightness by adding water and a dark blue which toned down the brightness a little bit. I learned a lot through out this whole unit but something that really stood out to me was having to take my time and be very careful in my choice for my work. It really enforced me to slow things down so it would come out as good as possible. Although, I was rush at the end on the ground area and I feel I could have done a lot better with more time. Water color really taught me to be careful on where or what I paint with water color because water color is not very forgiving if I were to mess up. Overall, I learned a lot about myself as an artist and water color while doing this project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment