Thursday, June 5, 2014

Water Color Exercise and Technique


Purpose:
• To experiment with a variety of watercolor techniques;
• To make connections between experimenting with watercolor techniques learned to creating your own landscape watercolor.

I learned so much while doing this exercise. When I was in 7th grade, I did a water color and tried salt but, unfortunately, it didn't work. While I was doing this exercise, I was able to finally try the salt again and thankfully, this time it works. I also learned about the liquid latex. I would have never thought to try that and when we got the opportunity to, I was pretty interested. It was definitely a different way to do water color, yet, it had a nice end product. Lastly, I learned about the tissue paper. I wasn't aware that the coloring in tissue paper would come out the way that it did and it was so interesting to figure that out. I tried a few different colors and experimented with it. It was, without and doubt, an interesting thing to try.






No comments:

Post a Comment